Webinar: Collaborative Digital Delivery in the Age of Information Privacy and Cyber Security
Jun 1, 2022 | 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Join the National Institute of Building Sciences BIM Council, as we discuss the current state of digital delivery and lay the groundwork for future exploration. This webinar will highlight an increasing trend toward collaboration and the impacts of requirements related to information privacy and cyber security. We will hear from leaders and stakeholders from the design, construction, owner, and IT solution partner perspectives. This will also be an opportunity to share your feedback and inform the National BIM Program’s leadership as they review and formulate strategic direction.
As a result of participation in this session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify current standards and requirements related to information privacy and cyber security as it relates to the built environment.
- Recognize and state 1-2 key impacts of information privacy and cyber security requirements to the collaborative digital delivery process.
- Explain how technology has evolved in support of collaborative digital delivery.
- Identify 3 process areas impacted by requirements supporting information privacy and cyber security.
Rules of Engagement
To ensure we have a collaborative and constructive discussion, the following rules will apply to each part of the series without exception:
- Clear objectives. The objective of this hearing is constructive dialog between AECO, Government Agency, and Technology stakeholders that:
- propose shared solutions that meet project collaboration and cyber security needs.
- No sales. In line with the objectives stated above, there will be a no tolerance policy regarding the active selling or promotion of specific products or services.
- Adopt tech-agnostic terminology. While we cannot totally avoid referring to our specific technology solutions by name, team facilitators will ensure that stakeholder technology is identified by the generic application is serves for the given scenario.
- i.e. - “Procore'' should instead be known as the GC’s Project Management (PM) System)
- Protect client and project information. All participants are asked to refrain from using specific project or stakeholder names to protect anonymity and avoid liability.
All AECO industry
Sector Development Director, BSI Group Inc.
ISSM & FSO, HDR Engineering
Dr. Ivan Panushev
Principal Partner Solutions Architect for Engineering, Construction, and Real Estate, AWS
Dr. Carrie Sturts Dossick, P.E.
Professor of Construction Management, Associate Dean of Research, College of Built Environments, UW
BIM Manager, PRIME AE Group
Robert “Bobby” Prostko
Deputy General Counsel, Intellectual Property and Cybersecurity, and Chief Privacy Officer, Allegion
Rachel Riopel, AIA, NCARB
Digital Practice Leader, HDR
Connor Christian, PE
Senior Product Manager, Procore Technologies