Lifeline Infrastructure Hub
Our nation is experiencing an urgent need to better understand and improve aging and unreliable lifeline systems. These systems include water, wastewater, electricity, natural gas, liquid fuels, communications, and multi-modal transportation—highways and roads, rail, airports, and ports and harbors.
Particularly as natural disasters grow more frequent and destructive, lifeline services are critical to protect our communities and essential for disaster recovery.
The NIBS Lifeline Infrastructure Hub aims to help the nation with community resilience and recovery after disasters. Robust partnerships with government, the private sector, and various stakeholders to advance this effort are crucial for our safety and security.
in a coordinating role to forge and engage public-private partnerships across lifeline sectors for natural hazards, including hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, wildfires and future extreme weather events
the fundamentals of lifeline infrastructure systems, plus identify gaps and cost-effective ways to mend gaps in lifeline resilience
investments and improvements, in the technical and policy realms, that are most needed for lifeline infrastructure in all communities to improve disaster resilience and modernization
- U.S. Geological Survey’s ShakeMap and ShakeCast: Improving Utilization within the American Lifelines Alliance (ALA) Community
- Guideline for Assessing the Performance of Oil and Natural Gas Pipeline Systems in Natural Hazard and Human Threat Events
- Guideline for Assessing the Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Pipeline Systems in Natural Hazard and Human Threat Events: Part 2 - Commentary
- Guidelines for Implementing Performance Assessments of Water Systems Volume 1
- Development of Guidelines for Implementing Performance Assessments of Water Systems Volume II: Commentary
- Wastewater System Performance Assessment Guideline
- Seismic Design and Retrofit of Piping Systems
- Guidelines for the Design of Buried Steel Pipe
- Seismic Fragility Formulations for Water Systems
- Seismic Fragility Formulations for Water Systems Part 2- Appendices
- Guideline for Assessing the Performance of Electrical Power Systems in Natural Hazard and Human Threat Systems
- Guideline for Assessing the Performance of Electric Power Systems in Natural Hazard and Human Threat Events: Part 2 – Commentary
- Extreme Ice Thicknesses from Freezing Rain
- Flood-Resistant Local Road Systems: A Report Based on Case Studies