Category C: High-Performance Initiatives
Category C recognizes that, in addition to the design, construction and operations of high-performance buildings, such efforts require education and outreach, as well as policies to support the transformation of the built environment.
- Policy Programs. Results from expert forums, code reforms, legislative initiatives or industry-led advocacy activities.
- Educational Initiatives. Curriculum development or delivery for workshops, conferences or distance learning applications; development of professional literature, books, newspapers and magazines; or development of continuing education programs for building industry professionals.
- Consumer Awareness Efforts. Media campaigns, creative advertising, grassroots educational programs or demonstration houses and buildings.
- Building Community Activities. Competitions, data collections and industry collaborations.
- Community Resilience and Hazard Mitigation Planning and Implementation. Climate/hazard adaptation/mitigation planning, evaluation programs, regional planning activities and preparedness exercises.
- Whole Building Design Objectives. The successful resolutions to balancing the eight whole building design objectives, highlighting synergies resulting from their interaction.
- Transferability and Marketability. How the initiative can be replicated by or for others, thereby extending the reach of the project.
- Energy and Environmental Considerations. How the entry promotes energy and water savings and the use of renewable resources.
- Resilience. How the initiative contributes to the resilience of a building or community.
Submissions will only be accepted through online submissions. Below is a brief outline of the type of information requested within the submission forms.
- Provide a description of the policy, program initiative, product or activity.
- Explain how your submission meets the evaluation criteria.
- Results/Lessons Learned:
- Describe goals related to your submission that were met and not met, and reasons for these outcomes.
- Describe synergies that resulted from the eight design objectives you address in your initiative.
- Define how these results were determined and measured.
- Describe benefits to your target audience.
- Additional Supporting Materials:
- Include illustrative photographs, graphics and/or samples as appropriate.
MORE ABOUT THE BEYOND GREEN AWARDS