Building Innovation 2019 Sessions to Deliver 27 Hours’ Worth of Continuing Education
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Building Innovation 2019: The National Institute of Building Sciences Seventh Annual Conference & Expo, to be held January 7-10, 2019, in Washington, D.C., is a great way to earn continuing education units (CEUs) while hearing from a diverse group of speakers.
This is the industry’s only all-inclusive event where members of the entire building community come together to connect, collaborate and create solutions that benefit the built environment. With the theme of Optimizing for Tomorrow, the Conference will deliver educational content designed to engage the entire building community, cover a variety of concepts and present diverse perspectives during each session to stimulate creative ideas, present new approaches and develop workable solutions for the entire building industry. Building Innovation 2019 sessions have received approval for a total of 27 Learning Units (LUs) from the American Institute of Architects, many of which are Health, Safety, Welfare (HSW) hours, as well as 27 contact hours from the International Code Council for a total of 2.7 CEUs. To receive credit, AIA and ICC members must provide their member numbers upon registration and be scanned for all sessions they attend.
Building Innovation 2019 Sessions include:
Day Two: Tuesday, January 8
- Resilience: Learning from the Past, Adapting to the Future (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Intelligent Tools and Technologies: Micro to Macro (1.5 AIA LUs/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Building Enclosure from Top to Bottom (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- A Building's Umbrella: Keeping Water at Bay (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Rural Studio’s 20K Initiative and the Total Cost of Affordable Housing (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Managing Facilities and Assets (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Science Fiction or Construction Reality? (1.5 AIA LUs/.15 ICC CEUs)
- The Past and Future of the Building Enclosure (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- The Steps Behind Building Resilience (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
Day Three: Wednesday, January 9
- Working Smarter: Metrics for Project Delivery (1.5 AIA LUs/.15 ICC CEUs)
- The Old and New: Two Envelope Case Studies (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Creating a Family-Centered Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Views from Above: Energy Storage, Tall-Wood Buildings and Roof-Top Solar (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Through Wind and Flood (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Information Management and Exchange: From Vision to Implementation (1.5 AIA LUs/.15 ICC CEUs)
- From Data to Practice: An Evidence-Based Framework for Occupant Health (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Performance Metrics for Affordability and Energy Efficiency (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
- Construction, Commissioning and Collaboration: Optimizing the Process (1.5 AIA LUs-HSW/.15 ICC CEUs)
Be sure to attend Monday to get a first-hand view of how the Institute works to improve the built environment and find ways to get involved in the process by attending the council and committee meetings. Other opportunities to hear from industry leaders include the Tuesday Opening Keynote Breakfast and the Wednesday FEDCon® Keynote Breakfast and Plenary Keynote Luncheon. During the Tuesday Exhibit Hall Walking Lunch and Exhibitors’ Reception, attendees will see the latest industry technologies as exhibitors present in the Exhibit Hall. The Institute will recognize industry leaders with Institute awards and Beyond Green™ Awards Wednesday evening during the Institute’s Annual Reception and Awards Banquet. And on Thursday, stay for the Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) Workshop to take two BECx certification modules.
View the full schedule of Building Innovation 2019 events.
Register to attend credit-building educational sessions with a Full-Conference or a One-Day Conference ticket or choose from event tickets to hear from one of the keynote speakers or attend the BECx Workshop. Select the Conference package that works best for you.
Just don’t wait too long to register. Online registration ends December 31, 2018. Save as much as $250 off onsite registration. Register now and save.