Membership in the National Council of Governments on Building Codes and Standards (NCGBCS) is open to any person engaged directly or indirectly in providing and promoting technical findings, performance criteria and standards for buildings through technical services, education and training among states and their political subdivisions to enhance the public’s social and economic well-being through safe, durable, accessible and efficient buildings.
Membership is broken in to two categories: governmental and non-governmental members.
- Governmental Members include any local, state or federal code administration agency. This category also includes individuals who do not represent a governmental organization, but who are engaged in the administration and enforcement of code or standards and who agree to work towards the goals of the Council's objectives.
- Non-Governmental Members include public or private sector organizations who are not engaged in the administration of codes or standards, but who agree to work toward the realization of the Councils’ objectives. This category shall also include individuals who do not represent a public or private organization and who agree to work towards the realization of the Council's objectives.
All individuals or organizations interested in building codes and standards development, adoption, administration and enforcement are encouraged to join this Council.
The Council Board of Direction is made up of:
- Three Directors elected by and from the Members in good standing representing Governmental Members.
- Two directors representing Non-Governmental Members elected by and from the Members in good standing.
- The immediate Past Chair of the Council.
Organizations and individuals interested in membership should contact Ryan Colker