The Industry's One-Stop Source for Information on BIM & the Built Environment
The buildingSMART alliance® is a unique organization helping to make the North American real property industry more efficient by leading the creation of tools and standards that allow projects to be built electronically before they are built physically using Building Information Modeling. For more information about the Alliance, our current standing with bSI and other FAQ’s click here.
A sustainable and efficient architecture, engineering, construction, owner and operator industry enabled with effective work processes based on collaboration, information technology and open standards.
To lead the development and deployment of broadly adopted national information standards and practices focused on significantly improving the built environment delivery and operation processes.
The buildingSMART alliance® will achieve our vision regarding effective information technology adoption within the industry by:
- Providing thought leadership for industry work process improvements
- Enabling and promoting the development of information standards
- Providing a forum to share and develop proven practices
- Developing, promoting and delivering education on information standards and proven practices
- Developing a business model that sustains the programs and activities through the investment and involvement of members and non-members alike, representing both the public and private sectors