Building Innovation 2015 Offers 32 Continuing Education Units
Tuesday, December 09, 2014
Posted by: Pam Towns
Select from 7 Different Events to Satisfy Professional Education Requirements
Attend Building Innovation 2015: The National Institute of Building Sciences Conference & Expo and check professional education requirements off the top of your 2015 "to-do” list. The Institute’s Annual Conference, to be held January 6-9, in Washington, D.C., is a great way to earn continuing education units (CEUs) while hearing from speakers who are experts in their fields. With the theme Creating High-Performing Resilient Communities, Building Innovation 2015 offers a number of educational sessions that give attendees the opportunity to select from a total of 32 Learning Units (LUs) from the American Institute of Architects.
Building Innovation 2015 Events with CEUs include:
- The Opening Keynote Address presented by Bryan Koon, president of the National Emergency Management Association and director of the Florida Division of Emergency Management (Earn 1 Learning Unit/Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Security & Disaster Preparedness Symposium: Means and Methods for Creating Resilient Communities (Earn 6 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Information Resources & Technology Symposium: Improving Facilities with the Power of Information (Earn 6 Learning Units/Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Industry Leadership & Advocacy Symposium: Leading the Way to High-Performing Communities (Earn 6 Learning Units )
- The Facility Performance & Sustainability Symposium: Setting the Foundation for Resilient Communities (Earn 6 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Plenary Symposium: Creating High-Performing Resilient Communities sponsored by Lehigh Hanson (Earn 3.5 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Special Session — Ten Years after "Mitigation Saves": An Examination of the Value of Private-Sector Investment in Mitigation (Earn 3.5 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
Other opportunities to hear from industry leaders include the following networking events:
And be sure to attend the Institute’s board, council and committee meetings to get an insider’s view of the Institute in action and discover how you can get involved in developing solutions to improve the built environment. View the full conference schedule.
Register to attend credit-building educational sessions with a full-conference ticket or drop by to hear one of the daily lunch events. Select the conference package that works best for you.
Just don’t wait too long to register. Online registration ends December 31, 2014. Register now to avoid the line and save $100 off onsite registration.