Registration's Open: Building Innovation 2014 Conference & Expo
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
Your opportunity to see the National Institute of Building Sciences in action and collaborate with building industry professionals on Advancing Life-Cycle Performance is just four months away. Register today to join us in Washington, D.C., for Building Innovation 2014: The National Institute of Building Sciences Second Annual Conference & Expo, January 6-10, 2014, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park.
Register early and save $100 or more off on-site registration.
Early-bird registration ends Thursday, October 31, 2013.
During Building Innovation 2014, the Institute will celebrate its 40th Anniversary as the industry advocate and leader while presenting insights into its authoritative work, delivering compelling content and sharing the latest technologies. Those seeking up-to-date information on building sciences will come together for five activity-filled days of informative presentations, quality educational sessions, technology demonstrations and networking opportunities. A larger venue for the 2014 Conference affords the Institute the opportunity to expand programming and present to a larger audience.
Highlighted Event: Plenary Symposium — Advancing Life-Cycle Performance
Building Innovation 2014 will focus on Advancing Life-Cycle Performance throughout the weeklong Conference and Expo. During the Plenary Symposium, presented by the Institute’s Coordinating Council, attendees will get an overview of the Conference theme as presenters discuss the collaboration of building industry professionals in achieving life-cycle performance.
A team of building professionals must integrate and optimize numerous attributes and disciplines in order to design, construct, operate and maintain a high-performance building. Just as team members must consider the big picture to achieve life-cycle performance, the Plenary Symposium, to be held Wednesday, January 8 during Building Innovation 2014, will explore the relationships across building systems, stakeholders and technologies and examine how a holistic approach leads to the achievement of life-cycle performance goals. Learn more about the Plenary Symposium.
Also on the Agenda:
- The Multihazard Mitigation Council (MMC) Symposium — Life-Cycle Performance: Moving Forward to More Resilient Communities
- The buildingSMART alliance™ Conference
- FEDCon® — The Annual Market Outlook on Federal Construction
- The Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council (BETEC) Symposium — Building Enclosures for Life: Design, Efficiency, Adaptability and Recyclability
- Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC) Symposium — Beyond Green: Guidance for Life-Cycle Performance
- The Low Vision Design Committee (LVDC) Symposium — Creating Flexible Environments for People with Low Vision
- The Integrated Resilient Design Program Symposium — Measuring and Improving Resilience of Existing Facilities
- The Commissioning Symposium — Optimizing Performance through Commissioning
- Facility Maintenance & Operations Committee Symposium
- The BIM Education Symposium and Information Exchanges
- The Institute's 40th Anniversary Reception and Annual Awards Banquet
- Various council and committee meetings and related projects
- Networking opportunities — Including keynote lunches, the Beyond Green™ Awards Luncheon and an Exhibitors Reception
Visit the Conference Website for the Latest Information.
Be a Part of the Conference:
The Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is not only the location of the Building Innovation 2014 Conference, it’s the most convenient place to stay. Located at 2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008, the Washington Marriott is offering a special conference rate of $179. Mention the National Institute of Building Sciences and "Building Innovation 2014" when making reservations. Reserve your room by the deadline, Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 6:00 p.m., to secure this rate and availability.
Make your reservations online or call 202-328-2000 or 877-212-5752.