Hear from 33 Leading Experts: Presentation Speakers Selected for AIVC Airtightness Workshop
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Planners of the AIVC Airtightness Workshop/Third TightVent Workshop on Building and Ductwork Airtightness have received the submitted papers and selected 33 expert professionals to give a total of 37 presentations at the event.
With the theme Design, Implementation, Control and Durability: Feedback from Practice and Perspectives, the workshop, to be held April 18-19, 2013, in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, will highlight the latest developments in sealing techniques; durability; test methods and analyses; and challenges and solutions for high-rise buildings.
Speakers will address the following topics: Policy and Requirements; Product Characterization – Innovative Sealing Technologies; Design and Quality Control – Energy Impacts; and Measurement Methods, Field Campaigns and Data Analysis. The long presentations will last 15 minutes. The short presentations will be broken into three-minute time slots.
- Wagdy Anis, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (USA)
- Laverne Dalgleish, Air Barrier Association of America (USA)
- Alexander Zhivov, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USA)
- Nathan Van den Bossche, Universiteit Gent (Belgium)
- Stanley D. Gatland II, CertainTeed (USA)
- Joerg Birkelbach, Tremco illbruck (USA)
- Sam Hagerman, Hammer and Hand (USA)
- Joannie Chin, National Institute of Standards and Technology (USA)
- Andrea Wagner, Dow Corning (USA)
- Mark Modera, University of California Davis (USA)
- William R. Nash, Whitlock, Dalrymple Poston & Associates, P.C. (USA)
- Paul Francisco, University of Illinois (USA)
- Lisa Chen Ng, National Institute of Standards and Technology (USA)
- Willem de Gids, VentGuide (Netherlands)
- Jennifer Logue, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- David Bohac, Center for Energy and Environment (USA)
- John Runkle, Architectural Testing (USA)
- W.A. (Wouter) Borsboom, TNO (Netherlands)
- Jason S. Der Ananian, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc. (USA)
- Denali Jones, Retrotec (USA)
- Erin Hult, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- Michal Szymanski, Poznan University of Technology (Poland)
- Collin Olson, The Energy Conservatory (USA)
- Sean M. O’Brien, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc. (USA)
- Steven Emmerich, National Institute of Standards and Technology (USA)
- Karl Grimnes, Termografi og Maaleteknikk as (Norway)
- Wanyu R. Chang, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- Mario D. Gonçalves, Patenaude-Trempe Inc. (Canada)
- Brett T. Fagan, Engineering Diagnostics (USA)
- Radoslaw Gorzenski, Poznan University of Technology (Poland)
- Paul Grahovac, Prosoco (USA)
- Tom Schneider, Building Envelope Innovations (USA)
- David Saum, Infiltec (USA)
The International Network for Information on Ventilation and Energy Performance (INIVE) is organizing this workshop on behalf of the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC); the National Institute of Building Sciences Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council (BETEC); and the TightVent Building and Ductwork Airtightness Platform. Technical and/or financial support comes from the following organizations: the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); INIVE; the International Energy Agency Energy Conservation in Buildings and Community Systems Programme; the National Institute of Building Sciences; Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; TightVent Europe; and ASHRAE.
Register now and save $50!
The pre-registration rate of $400 (US)
ends April 12. Onsite registration is $450 (US).
(Registration includes materials and meals.)
See the complete list of
View the schedule of
Find out about