buildingSMART alliance™ Conference Focuses on Integrating BIM, Moving the Industry Forward
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
In an industry known for construction delays and cost overruns, high-quality building information modeling (BIM) projects are being built on time (or even early) and significantly under budget. Now is the time to expand your knowledge of all things BIM and find ways to implement it in your work. The buildingSMART allianceTM Conference, to be held January 7-11, as part of Building Innovation 2013—The National Institute of Building Sciences Annual Conference and Expo in Washington, D.C., will help you understand how BIM can better integrate the design, construction, fabrication and operation processes, and provide you with the latest metrics available to assess industry progress.
With the theme, Integrating BIM: Moving the Industry Forward, the buildingSMART alliance Conference looks at the big picture of implementing BIM into daily practice. The week-long event includes committee meetings, such as the buildingSMART alliance Board of Direction, National BIM Standard-United States Planning and Project Committee meetings; two days of educational sessions; a full day of innovative technology demonstrations with the Information Exchange Working Group; and a BIM Academic Education Symposium focused on teaching the next generation.
- The chance to get involved in the development of the National BIM Standard-United StatesTM (NBIMS-US™) Version 3.
- Two days of BIM-related educational sessions from the experts who develop the standards.
- Planning for the United States National CAD Standard® Version 6.
- The Product Room and Process Room where buildingSMART International’s new approach to implementing BIM standards and managing BIM implementation will be unveiled.
- Innovative Technology Demonstrations where you’ll see the latest on Information Exchange standards.
- New tools, such as the COBie Calculator and the Specifiers Properties information exchange (SPie) Catalog.
- The opportunity to provide input on the Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning information exchange (HVACie).
- The chance to see the newest Information Exchange standards under development, including: the Building Programming information exchange (BPie); Electrical Systems information exchange (SPARKie); Water Systems information exchange (WSie); and Building Automation Modeling (BAMie).
- The buildingSMART Challenge. Witness software manufacturers as they demonstrate their technology and its ability to meet the BPie and HVACie, as well as COBie.
- The BIM Academic Education Symposium – Setting the Course for a BIM Educational Strategy. More than 25 colleges and universities will continue their work to establish a common educational strategy for BIM education.
And there’s more to do during Building Innovation 2013…
Choose from FEDCon® – The Annual Market Outlook on Federal Construction; the Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council (BETEC) Symposium; the Multihazard Mitigation Council (MMC) Symposium; the Low Vision Design Committee Symposium; the Integrated Resilient Design Symposium; the Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC) Symposium; and other National Institute of Building Sciences council and committee meetings. Have fun socializing with industry experts at the Exhibitors Reception. Celebrate the leaders in our industry at the Institute’s Annual Awards Reception and Banquet. And so much more . . .
Register today and save!
Register today and be a part of all the BIM activity and other Building Innovation 2013 Conference events. Don’t wait! Early-Bird Rates end December 1.