Institute Annual Meeting Invitation
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Dear Friend of the Institute:
As a member of the building community, no doubt you are facing challenges in keeping up with the newest technologies and developments in achieving energy-efficient, sustainable and high-performing buildings.
The 2011 National Institute of Building Sciences Annual Meeting is a great place to find out about the latest trends. The Institute is involved in many new and exciting activities to develop innovative solutions for our industry and improve the built environment. We're showcasing our work and sharing advancements during our Annual Meeting, December 5-9, 2011, in Washington, D.C. and you're invited to join us for a first-hand look.
This year, we will again hold our Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Ecobuild America Conference. As a sponsor of Ecobuild America, the Institute is happy to offer its members a 20% discount on registration. (Just enter the discount code "NIBS11" when registering.) Save time and money by taking advantage of the wealth of information and resources available to you at this combined event. Together, the Institute's Annual Meeting and Ecobuild America offer you a great opportunity to learn and share in the latest sustainable practices, high-performance technologies and building information modeling (BIM) tools.
The Annual Meeting brings together all of the Institute's councils and committees, including its Board of Directors, to present our progress on a variety of projects and discuss goals and objectives for the coming year. This year's assemblies include the Coordinating Council, Consultative Council, Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council, Building Enclosure Councils, Building Seismic Safety Council, buildingSMART alliance, High Performance Building Council, Facility Maintenance and Operations Committee, Multihazard Mitigation Council, Whole Building Design Guide Board and Advisory Committee, and two new groups, the Council on Finance, Insurance and Real Estate, and the National Council of Governments on Building Codes and Standards. As a member, it's your chance to see the Institute in action and connect face-to-face with our industry's experts.
- The buildingSMART alliance Conference – Learn all about BIM, Industry Foundation Classes (IFCs) and information technology (IT) for design and construction during the buildingSMART alliance Conference. The buildingSMART alliance is the developer of the National Building Information Modeling Standard-United StatesTM.
- FEDCon® 11 – Find out about the federal agencies' construction plans and budgets for the coming year directly from the decision makers as they share the inside scoop on expected 2012 activities.
- The Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council (BETEC) Symposium – Catch up on this year's topic, "High Performance Light Framed Walls: Types, Code Requirements, Durability Concerns and Field Experiences.” This daylong symposium will address some of the benefits and challenges associated with this technology.
- Information Exchanges – Witness a number of technology demonstrations presented during the week including the Construction Operations Building information exchange (COBie) CMMS/CAFM Challenge; Life Cycle Model (LCie), Quantity Takeoff information exchange (QTie), and Specifiers' Properties information exchange (SPie).
- Educational Sessions, Exhibits and More – Choose from dozens of Ecobuild educational sessions. Plus you won't want to miss visiting the exhibit floor, where you'll see the AEC Interoperability Center displaying real-world examples of BIM and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) systems; BIMStorm DC, sponsored by Onuma; Sustainable and Smart Theaters; plus hundreds of exhibitors displaying the latest in products and services.
To find out more about the Institute's Annual Meeting, including how to take advantage of the member discount offer, as well as to learn about co-located events and Ecobuild America sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, visit www.nibs.org/conference.
I look forward to seeing you in December!
Henry L. Green, Hon. AIA
An Authoritative Source of Innovative Solutions for the Built Environment
December 5-9 Washington, D.C.